drank Caramel Matcha by Red Leaf Tea

A sample from Red Leaf I’m just now trying. Thanks Red Leaf for offering these! I love the caramel matchaccino so this should be delicious. It’s basically a version of that without sugar. The fragrance wafting from the bag as a sweet fragrance, even without the sugar.

Latte with milk //
For this cup, I heated nine ounces of milk in the microwave for one minute: just hot enough. I accidentally poured a bit too much matcha in the mug before slowly pouring the milk into the mug and stirring/ whisking while pouring. I’m surprised the cup is this smooth even with this much matcha. It must be the sweetness of the caramel flavor that makes it so smooth… or helps it anyway. I’ve tried a few Red Leaf matchas now and the caramel seems to have the least amount of flavor, but maybe that’s my taste buds. Still delicious though. I’m grateful that Red Leaf had a nice sale recently, since I’m shocked at how much matcha I’ve went through and my last order was in September (!)

Just with warm water//
For this cup, I poured some warm water in a mug while whisking the matcha with a spoon. This makes it easier to taste the flavors. It does have more of a sweetness from the caramel blended this way, but I still say that the caramel matcha has less flavors than others. It seems to be more sweet than flavored. Caramel can work with anything though… like smoothies…

BONUS: Smoothie!
Greek Vanilla yogurt, a ton of strawberries, milk, matcha, whipped cream on top! This was really good but the yogurt had such a low amount of sugar that I probably should have opened my new bag of caramel matchaccino… it would have been the perfect amount of sugar.
redleaftea.com

Courtney

This one is delightful in smoothies. I currently have it sitting in the fridge with milk as a cold latte to compare to Caramel Popcorn. :)