According to my handy e-mail draft list, this is the last tea that Nicole sent me I have yet to write a tasting note for. Thank you once again for that lovely package of teas you sent a while back!

Steep #1 //12 mins after boiling (unintentionally) // 3 min
The leaves smell like an intoxicating Earl. The lavender is actually green rather than, uh, lavender. But the lavender is certainly potent – very good. The lavender surprisingly overpowers the bergamot, though I can’t really smell the lavender when the blend is dry. The base is perfect for the bergamot & lavender. If you like bergamot and lavender (and neither brings soap to mind for you) then this one is for you! I will enjoy this but I think I can never get enough Earl Grey Cream in my life.

Steep #2 // just boiled // 4 min
This steep didn’t have as much magic. The lavender and what bergamot was gone. I think I should have steeped it the way I did last cup. I’ll try again the next time, but I know if I steep it right I can get at least three nice steeps from exceptional EGs like SpecialTeas. This one isn’t my favorite. The Steepster rating is for the first cup but it would be lower if you averaged the second steep in.

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: