I’m so thankful to get a package of samples from Just Organic Tea! Thank you so much! Quite a few samples. This one is up first. It’s an interesting list of ingredients: green rooibos, blueberries, hibiscus, cinnamon and some flowers. I haven’t seen a blend like this yet. And it’s decaf which is why I picked it tonight. The dry leaves smell sweet. They went into one of my T-Sacs. Just Organic Tea suggests 195 degrees for 4-5 minutes.

Steep #1 // 12 minutes after boiling // 4 – 4 1/2 minutes
I was expecting a red cup, but I realized this is GREEN rooibos. Don’t see many of those! The pinkish color is coming from the blueberry or the hibiscus then. It’s not a red cup, so it’s not a dreaded level of hibiscus. The flavor is a nice combination: I get a hint of blueberry and a little more hibiscus. The hibiscus isn’t an extreme amount, but it is dominant… that’s sad, as I would have loved a dessert-like blueberry and cinnamon cup. There isn’t much of a cinnamon presence either. I don’t like the flavor of green rooibos more than red rooibos, but this works! It’s not a blend I could be in love with, but it’s nice for what is. I’ll love the other teas from Just Organic Tea more…

ashmanra

I have never had green rooibos. How would you describe and compare the red and green. I dislike red.

Tea Sipper

I had to look up my tasting note for Adagio’s green rooibos that I had a couple weeks ago. It’s also the only plain green rooibos I’ve tried. I said it was “tastes like apple or chamomile with a bit of a sourness to it”. I’d say the green is tangy and I like the flavor of the red better.

Courtney

ashmanra I also dislike red, but I can enjoy green rooibos blends. It’s not nearly as offensive to me haha.

Comments

ashmanra

Tea Sipper

Courtney

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: