drank Green Jade by Wild Tea Qi
’Here’s Hoping’ traveling teabox Round #2 // Tea #9

This is an odd one. I haven’t seen leaves like this before. They look like that white tea with big crescents, but here, the crescents are smaller, green, and slightly less curved. Interesting! The instructions say to use a tablespoon, but I went with a teaspoon and a half.

Steep #1 // 40 min after boiling // 1 1/2 min
The cup is a mellow yellow color. The flavor is kind of like a mao feng, the creamed corn that I love in those sorts of teas, but I could swear I was getting hints of pine needle. Sipping the cup when it was cooler, there was a ton more pine needle flavor! I wonder why. The flavor is on the lighter side, but it seemed like if I had let the tea steep longer, it would have been too brisk. But this cup was good as is.

Steep #2 // 30 min after boiling // 2 min
This cup is sweeter, it still has a creamy flavor, though sometimes the mao feng has a second steep that tastes like strawberry for some reason. Still pine needles! I really like this, but I’ll leave the last couple teaspoons for others in the teabox.