From my puerhshop.com order! Surprise! Three things I ordered were NOT mini tuochas. I had no idea that these 100 gram bigger tuochas existed… just the serving sized (mini) tuochas. Well I learned something anyway. I ended up breaking apart these adorable tuochas and putting them in pouches, to save time, messes. I have no idea how else you’re supposed to store them without making a mess. I definitely do NOT regret buying this big tuocha. It is delicious.

Steep #1 // rinse // 4 min after boiling // 2 min steep
When I was done breaking the tuocha into serving pieces, there were a ton of crumbs left, so I used two teaspoons of the crumbs. Nothing but smooth flavor here! I’d like to think that since there were crumbs, this would be the strongest this tea would be (unless I use more than two teaspoons) so this one really can’t have any astringency at all. I swear I had this tea a few weeks ago, but I’m not sure which one. Probably something from Teavivre. It has a really smooth and sweet flavor…. I wish I had bought ten of these tuochas at this price ($3.99!). It really compares to one of my favorite pu-erhs… I just can’t think of which one it is.

Steep #2 // just boiled // 3 min
I love when the first steep of a pu-erh is good, you don’t think it can get much better, and then the second steep has even MORE flavor, you’re in love with it, then the third cup is still going strong! I love this pu-erh, this sort is the reason I love pu-erh. It’s so mellow yet seems as dark as a cup of coffee.

Steep #3 // 4 min after boiling (accidentally) // not sure the minutes
This cup was really good too, on the same level of flavor as the first cup than the second, but I wasn’t really paying attention to the steeping to judge if this would keep going in flavor or not. Boiling and the right number of minutes probably would help. I’ll see another time… probably soon! I could drink this every day. Sigh.

Sami Kelsh

This sounds magical. MAGICAL.

Tea Sipper

I thought you were making fun of me, but I don’t think I used the word magical for THIS particular pu-erh… or tea. :D