drank Bai Hao Yin Zen by David's Tea

Another one from Dexter! Thanks so much! Still a few more to try from that awesome box of teas a few months ago. Whew. I was a little leery on this one – seems like the kind of white tea I’m not into. But I wanted to try it to see if this one would go in any teaboxes shortly coming my way. The leaves are those fuzzies so I rinsed them to get rid of some of the fuzzies in the cup. Looking at the cup, the rinse DEFINITELY helped the amount of fuzzies… there were a ton in the rinse.

Steep #1 // rinse // 30 min after boiling // 2 min
The flavor isn’t too bad, but it also seems like these types of teas are never special enough for me to want to steep them. It’s also impossible to describe them. I almost wanted to say clouds but then I realized it tastes kind of like cotton (hmm…must be the billion fuzzies still in the mug). Very sweet dried grass. It has sort of a creamy flavor too. Maybe a hint of citrus. This sounded familiar, so I looked at the page for Verdant’s Bai Mu Dan and they describe it as “cream” and “lime”. I did have this one a few weeks ago, but I don’t think my memory is that good. A decent cup but the fuzzies bothering my throat aren’t very inspiring.

Steep #2 // 20 min after boiling // 3 min
This cup was really nice too. I guess I like these types of teas more than I think. I do now anyway. Once in a while I’ll really enjoy this.