I’m loving these green samples from Teavivre, thank you yet again! This is another tea that Teavivre says should be 3-4 tablespoons of leaves for 17 ounces of water (I don’t think they mean teaspoons.) So I went with one sample package of leaves, which I measured out to be four heaping teaspoons. It’s kind of difficult to measure these leaves when they are all wirey and twisted together!

Steep #1 // 30 min after boiling // 2 min steep
First I must discuss the scent of the dry leaves, it was almost unbearably strong! The strongest green tea scent I’ve ever smelled. The taste is the same as the fragrance. It’s very brothy and soupy… there is that creamed/breaded corn flavor again but this time the flavor is stronger. There is also hints of pineapple for me. The brew is a cloudy mellow yellow color. Using four teaspoons isn’t a bad thing, but it is a little astringent and I don’t think I’d use that much in the future.

Steep #2 // 30 min after boiling // 2 1/2 min
Using four teaspoons IS a bad thing for this cup. Astringency city. I really should have known because the dry leaf is so strong. I drank it anyway, because I could still taste the amazing flavor beneath the bitter. Thirty minutes after boiling definitely is lower than the suggested 185 degrees too. I’ll try it again soon…

Cameron B.

I have an infrared thermometer that I use to measure the temperate of my water. It works really well and I think it was under $20 on Amazon. :D

Comments

Cameron B.

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: