Butiki Taste Testing Traveling Tea Box – Tea #2
I loved seeing a Whispering Pines tea in the teabox, but it didn’t look like this one had much love on Steepster. A Yunnan from WP without much love? What?

Steep #1 // a few minutes after boiling // 3 min
I did use more than a teaspoon for this cup accidentally, maybe that made the difference of me LOVING it. It doesn’t really seem like a Yunnan to me though, especially with all this smoke. Closer to a Lapsang Souchong than a Keemun even. This is a very dark cup – dark burgundy in color, so I’m not sure where the “light” flavor is coming from. It has enough bite to it, but it doesn’t seem like I overdid the leaves.

Steep #2 // a few minutes after boiling // 3 min
Another really nice cup – it doesn’t have the oversteeped leaves flavor. Maybe everyone just needed to use more leaves? But that would be more smoke than many people want to handle. Not too much smoke for me though!

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Not a very impressive Yunnan, sadly. I discontinued this a long while back :)

Comments

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Not a very impressive Yunnan, sadly. I discontinued this a long while back :)

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: