drank Lattakoojan Assam by Butiki Teas

A sample from Butiki! A very solid assam. A bit of an astringency with a robustness yet still has a nice depth of flavor. This is sad though… I see so many notes for stone fruits on this one, but I don’t taste that at all, and it’s one of my favorite tea flavors! My taste buds changed a couple months ago and most assam tastes like tomato and pumpkin to me now. I can’t begin to tell you how much I do not like acyual tomatoes. I loved my assams before! I should have more to say on this awesome assam but I’m simply shocked at my taste buds now. OH and one other thing that changed is the flavor of ketchup, which is especially odd since I just mentioned my teas are tasting like tomato. It brings into question even the purpose of my own tasting notes for myself if years from now each tea could change because of my taste buds. This tasting note doesn’t really do a Butiki tea justice, but this isn’t the best Butiki tea anyway.
Steep #1 // 1 tsp // 5 min after boiling // 3 1/2 min steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 4 min

Terri HarpLady

My tastebuds change around due to allergies :p

Cheri

My tastebuds got weird for a while from some antibiotics I was on. Was there something that caused it for you? Hopefully it goes back!

Tea Sipper

Not too many allergies for me this year and no antibiotics… There isn’t really anything different in the past few months. hmm.

Comments

Terri HarpLady

My tastebuds change around due to allergies :p

Cheri

Tea Sipper

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: