MzPriss’ Unflavored Tea Box – Tea #7
Another nice keemun! Again, not really smoky… I could swear keemun is supposed to be a little smoky but it seems none of them are. I love the scent of dry keemun leaves. The flavor is on a mid level – tangy again. It seems only keemun have this tangy flavor I’m talking about. I wish I could describe it better. It was almost like the Andrews & Dunham Spring Keemun I had a few days ago. I also had this tea a couple days ago, which is why my note is more terrible than usual. Whoops. Not a bad two steeps (the second cup was similar) but I’d prefer my keemun darker.

MzPriss

I’m still looking for my perfect keemun.

TeaTiff

I have seen both of you sampling Keenums. What are your favorites? The Pine Peak for WP just peaked my curiosity enough to start exploring. (as if I need another type of tea to explore).

I’m afraid to even try that one. I already have a WP problem

MzPriss

I wanted to love that A&D one and I just didn’t. I tried.

Tea Sipper

I feel like I haven’t tried my perfect keemun yet (though I’ve heard great things about the WP keemun and that one would probably be it). Butiki once had a couple nice ones which I don’t think they have any more (which might be why I can’t find my favorite keemun now – Butiki’s high standards). I suggest trying the four from Teavivre and finding which one you like more. I just bought some of the Grade 1 and actually had some today… I think the Grade 1 is my favorite at the moment. Also, Zentealife.com’s China Keemun is good and I think they have a new one. I’m probably forgetting some!

TeaTiff

TeaSipper/MzPriss If you guys need a sample of WP let me know I can pass a cup or two along. Teas from Zen Tea are stacking up on my wish list so I might have to order a sample of theirs soon, same with Teavivre. I don’t remember seeing anything on Butiki’s sight but I will have to take a closer look. Thanks TeaSipper.

MzPriss

Thanks Tiff. I may have done a small little WP order last night and included the PPK in it :)

Angrboda

Not all Keemuns are smoky, and they’re not smoky to everybody. It’s a naturally occuring note, so it’s quite subjective. To me it’s sometimes smoky but also sometimes floral. I believe that this is actually the very same note that just comes across differently to me. I’ve found that for me higher grade Keemuns are usually more on the floral end of the spectrum, while lower grade Keemuns are more on the smoky end. I tend to prefer the lower grades. :)

Comments

MzPriss

I’m still looking for my perfect keemun.

I’m afraid to even try that one. I already have a WP problem

MzPriss

I wanted to love that A&D one and I just didn’t. I tried.

Tea Sipper

Angrboda

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: