MzPriss’ Unflavored Tea Box – Tea #24
I appreciate trying this one, but I’m not sure my tastebuds can comprehend these delicate raw pu-erhs yet. The ripened are so robust yet the raw are some of the lighter teas. I have no idea if I steeped this one right… I really wish Mandala would have instructions for their teas. They would know better than I. I also don’t think I used enough leaf, as I was trying to save a little bit for the tea box. So I used about 3/4 of a teaspoon and filled the mug 3/4. This one just seems like a fuzzy white tea to me: light without much flavor.. hints of apricot maybe. The second steep was a little stronger, but my tastebuds still couldn’t figure it out. I’m leaving the other raw pu-erhs in the box for the rest of you to figure out!
Steep #1 // 20 min after boiling // 40 seconds
Steep #2 // 10 min after boiling // 1 min steep

kimquat

Oh, phooey. I forgot that Mandala doesn’t have brew instructions online. ): Sorry about that. They recommend 1TB for 8oz of water. Brew temps vary, but I stick to low rather than high. I think you’re supposed to start with around 30sec and increase in increments of 15-20sec. I would have to check…again, sorry.

Comments

kimquat

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: