I had to have a Butiki tea in honor of Stacy’s birthday yesterday! Happy birthday, Stacy! I hope it was a good one. Keep doing the awesome you do! I have some samples to try yet, and this is one of them. Sadly, an assam means more tomato soup for me. I really wish I would have tried these before my tastebuds changed! All assam means all tomato, all the time. There is something special here that makes it unlike other assams though but its hard to tell what that is: a flavor I haven’t noticed in any other teas. Sadly, none of those flavor notes that others have noticed for this tea are making themselves known to my tastebuds, but I feel like they once would have. It’s too bad as this one has all my favorite flavors. Otherwise, there is a little baked bread and a bite to it. I think all of these assams taste like iron to me now. Odd. It’s going to be my mission this week to try a few not-new-to-me assams and see if they are the same. I wouldn’t think this would be a good base for Butiki’s new chocolate blend, but I guess I should try that one before saying that. I should have sipped one of my favorite Butiki teas on the 25th!
Steep #1 // 1 tsp // just boiled // 3 1/2 min