drank Rumchata Genmaicha by 52teas

This was one of the teas I was hoping for in the 52Teas mystery bag sale and it happened! Nice! I’ve never actually tried Rumchata or Horchata but they sound amazingly delicious. There are a few actual almonds in the blend, not sure how much flavor almonds can have on a tea, especially a tea that isn’t boiled. To me, this tea is eggnog all the way! Very sweet! A little nutty, surprisingly not a lot of cinnamon, though I saw quite a few pieces of cinnamon, and I made sure an almond was in the infuser. It’s very warming, desserty, satisfying. Perfect with the toasty genmaicha. Love it. It seems like a wintery drink for sure. As it cools, the rum flavor appears, not like I’m used to rum flavor! I’m usually just tea drunk. I won’t say any more about it, since I’m not sure if they will delete this tea from Steepster, as I guess someone annoyingly sued 52Teas for making this blend.
Steep #1 // 20 min after boiling // 1 min steep
Steep #2 // 20 min after boiling // 3 min steep

Flavors: Eggnog, Rum

Dustin

I have had a tea before where the almonds were a carrier for the added flavor, like a sponge. They were no good for eating even after steeping because of all the added flavors.