drank Oolong by Choice Organic Teas

I’m confused. I haven’t drank much oolong but I thought they were supposed to be fruity and floral. I love the Butikiteas.com Peach Oolong. It couldn’t be any fruitier and flowery. But this one is very smoky and tastes mostly like a black tea. The scent reminded me slightly of unspiced raw pumpkin. The flavor reminds me oddly enough of the other Choice tea I’ve tried – Russian Caravan, a pine smoked black tea, which I don’t think should taste the same. I’m pretty disappointed in this one since I expected fruity and floral, but maybe I’ve already tried the best oolong (The Butiki)?

Cofftea

Well, some oolongs are fruity and floral. So are some greens and whites, and even blacks. A peach oolong will definitely be fruity because it is flavored as such. This is an unflavored oolong. Flavors of the oolong tea itself, depending on the type, range from light, crisp, and clean like baozongs and pouchongs to much darker and roasty like an Ali Shan. Like any other type of tea, not all oolongs taste the same.

Tea Sipper

ah, okay. I will no longer assume a certain kind of tea tastes like every other. :D

Comments

Cofftea

Tea Sipper

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: