drank Red Velvet Cake by DAVIDsTEA

So excited to try this tea today! It came in the mail yesterday as I was leaving for work…. :( But, today is a new day and time to try some new tea!!!

First off, even with a cold this tea smells good. Reminds me of cake! And as odd as this may sound…the tea itself seems a lot more moist than traditional black tea. Everything about this tea reminds me of a red velvet cake.

As the I poured the hot water over my cake tea there was a thin layer of foam, which made the tea look more like a coffee beverage. The smell of the tea was not masked by the water either. As I poured the water, the scent actually grew stronger. I haven’t even tasted the tea yet (as it cools), and I’m already loving it.

Finally the taste test! I always put a little honey in my tea (usually a tsp, but lately been weening myself off with half a tsp.), but I make sure to always try my tea before I add my honey. This tea really had that cake taste to it, but I’m still going to add honey to see if it will bring the flavor out a little more. I have noticed with DT honey is almost always needed to make their tea taste like it sounds.

So here goes….honey it, tea cup in hand…..tastes good! I would beware though, too much honey could ruin this tea. I put 1/2 tsp. of honey in and I can almost taste the honey over the tea itself. I think if I would have put an entire tsp. in it probably would have tasted like honey tea rather than a red velvet cake tea.

Overall, this is a pretty good tea. I purchased 100g of this tea, and I’m sure once valentines day passes this tea will be discontinued until next season. While this tea is good, I’m sure if I run out I will be find going without this tea until it comes back next valentines day.

I’m new to the tea world, and I have recently become addicted to this stuff! I love the flavored teas the most. I actually used to hate tea (wish I would have discovered my love for it earlier on) because when I was in my teens I was given a flavorless tea with no sweetener, and as a child, that was a big turn off. Now as an adult I have truly learned to love tea. I am trying as much of it as I can. I still haven’t brought myself to try any of the more simple (non-flavored) teas, but I hope one day I can learn to love them just the same.

Maryland, USA