drank Yi Fu Chun Black Tea by Yezi Tea

Back-story: My mother was a gourmet chef for many years and my father is an epicure; both of them have graduate degrees in the natural sciences (ie: they like the best quality foods). Needless to say, I was truly lucky and grew up with amazing food and drinks my entire life.

Before becoming vegan (about ten years ago), my favorite dessert that my mother would make was this homemade flan that knocks the socks off of the most stubborn flan haters. A perfect balance of caramel and vanilla with a mouth-feel that is almost indescribable (I guess “like buttah” will do for now…), this flan was my favorite dessert of all time. I brought some of my mother’s flan to a friend’s Thanksgiving one year – this friend’s family thoroughly dislikes flan – and everyone devoured it like ravenous coyotes. The two desserts that I loved the most from my father were his homemade whipped cream and his homemade chocolate mousse. Both were so incredibly rich, silky, and decadent. With all of these desserts, there was always such care taken in perfecting not only, the taste, but also, the presentation. Enjoying them was always just special. :)

This tea… this tea reminds me of those three desserts. As someone who no longer consumes dairy or eggs, this is an incredible treat. It’s not sweet like a flavored dessert tea, it’s just… decadent dessert. Silky, smooth, and rich; it makes me feel as though I am rewarding myself with something. I think Huang Jian is a wizard.

__Morgana__

Wonderfully described. :-)

MzPriss

LOVE this description (and this tea!) and would really love the flan recipe :)

Tea Pet

I will see if my mom actually uses a recipe for it! Hahaha! And I will report back.

Comments

__Morgana__

Wonderfully described. :-)

MzPriss

LOVE this description (and this tea!) and would really love the flan recipe :)

Tea Pet

Wolf girl. Equestrian. Writer. Artist. Gamer. Geek.

I joined Steepster back in August of 2009. Since then, I have been lurking around shyly and taken it all in. Just recently, I decided to log all of the teas that I have in my cupboard and from there I decided to be a bit more active on the site!

I’m addicted to three things: Tea, wolves, and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

My favorite teas: Jin Pin, Matcha iri Genmaicha, Shu Pu-erh, and roasted oolong teas.

Broadly speaking I also love: Most Chinese red teas and most Fujian oolongs.

I’ve been drinking loose-leaf teas since childhood. I love everything from tieguanyin to gyokuro to a good British cuppa. I am looking forward to trying every tea type out there and building an extensive pu-erh library.

New York, New York