Finished the last of my Golden Peacock (aka 2010 Jin Kong Que)… In honor of World Goth Day, my SO and I are sporting some of our goth gear (my military hat with the Skinny Puppy logo and his favorite Tripp NYC pants) while having tea by candlelight and playing Tomb Raider.
Pu-erh shu and yancha, to me, seem like the most goth teas out of all the tea types. They are dark, mysterious, beautiful. And they are mostly misunderstood and under appreciated by many tea drinkers.
I absolutely love this tea. It has such a creamy mouth-feel and is so incredibly smooth. The notes remind me so much of winter honey from Kona. I think I got about ten infusions or so out of it. I definitely need to order more.

The set-up:

Sarsonator

Skinny Puppy FTW!

Comments

Sarsonator

Skinny Puppy FTW!

Wolf girl. Equestrian. Writer. Artist. Gamer. Geek.

I joined Steepster back in August of 2009. Since then, I have been lurking around shyly and taken it all in. Just recently, I decided to log all of the teas that I have in my cupboard and from there I decided to be a bit more active on the site!

I’m addicted to three things: Tea, wolves, and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

My favorite teas: Jin Pin, Matcha iri Genmaicha, Shu Pu-erh, and roasted oolong teas.

Broadly speaking I also love: Most Chinese red teas and most Fujian oolongs.

I’ve been drinking loose-leaf teas since childhood. I love everything from tieguanyin to gyokuro to a good British cuppa. I am looking forward to trying every tea type out there and building an extensive pu-erh library.

New York, New York