drank Acai Matcha by Shanti Tea

Making the tea, the cup of tea is much darker green than I have seen matcha get. It is a sweet smelling tea.

The tea is not as bitter as some matchas that I have had. The Acai berry that has been added to the tea makes it a little sweeter. The tea is sweeter sort of with a tangy after taste to it. It doesn’t taste astringent like it usually does. It is still caulky and has a vegital middle tone to it. There are hints at a dark, almost bakers chocolate undertone that sits with you after you are done drinking the tea. There are some larger chunks of the matcha still in the cup, and I suppose I should next time sift the tea through a strainer to break up those chunks, or remove the chunks that are a little too big.

Although this is most of the review, please still check out my blog post on this tea: http://teasnobbery.com/2010/08/06/acai-matcha-from-shanti-tea/