This sample was generously provide to me from Epi Tea. Thank you Kyle and the whole Epi Tea Team.

Dry Leaf: Has a berry and rooibos type of aroma.
Wet Leaf: Has a berry and rooibos aroma.
Liquor: Was a dark amber color.
Taste: Has a berry flavor in the beginning then came the super light nutty flavor of the rooibos.
Overall Opinion: I give this tea from the way I rate in my profile a 84. Meaning this tea was “berry average.” This tea was really light with a decent berry flavor. I was looking more for that earthy, nutty flavor you get with rooibos but it never was there. I added sugar and yes it made the berry flavor taste sweeter and did increase the rooibos flavor some but not as I would want. May have to do with not enough rooibos leaf or a lower quality. My advise for the company is use more leaf. My other advise would be I would have been more impressed if you guys did a Honey Bush & Rooibos equal blends and be more generous with the leaf. I did steep this tea 10 minutes as suggested but I want to add I usually steep rooibos 2-5 minutes and it still seems stronger then this one. A side note to people, rooibos is a very forgiving tea so I don’t think you can over steep it.
Vessel SAMA DOYO Gongfu/Kungfu teapot. I used 1 pyramid sachet in 220ml or 7oz. of water.

Boiling 8 min or more

I’ll be trying my epi tea samples later tonight :D

Tea_is_wisdom

@Helena I think the berry was nice and if you add sugar you get a sweeter berry flavor. I hope I wasn’t to hard on Epi Tea but I wanted to give them my honest opinion. Maybe, your opinion maybe different from mine. Happy steepings to you.

Helena

I didn’t enjoy it that much… it’s probably just the combination. I think it’s that I’m more of a strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, cherry type girl. It was good to try their samples though :D

Comments

Helena

I’ll be trying my epi tea samples later tonight :D

Tea_is_wisdom

Helena

IF ANY TEA COMPANY WOULD LIKE TO SEND ME SAMPLES OF THEIR TEA I WOULD BE GLAD TO DO A FULL REVIEW ON STEEPSTER FOR YOU AND ON YOUR COMPANY WEBSITE JUST SEND ME A MESSAGE.

I am a simple guy that enjoys making new tea friends and enjoying different teas and tea culture.
My favorite type of teas are green, oolong, pu-erh.
I do have a special love for black (red) tea and chai since they were the teas that started me on my tea adventure. I wish the whole community well.

My Tea Scores
100 points: Perfect experience. Beyond what you would expect from the aroma, the leaf, the liquor, the taste.
96-99 points: Excellent. A tea that will show true greatness in it’s character with at least 2 infusions.
93-95 points: Superior.Teas that achieve high quality in one dimension, and shows it’s high quality character and their variety in other dimensions.
90-92 points: High quality. Quality leaves, liquor hold to it’s true profile, the teas character can hold it’s flavor for 2 infusions.
85-89 points: Good. Above average tea that is lacking something to make them high quality.
80-84 points: Average. Nothing special
79 and lower points: Low quality. Not worth buying and a tea you would never remember drinking unless it tasted that bad.

Some where in this bad economy.