drank Marie-Antoinette by Nina's Paris

I so wanted to like this tea. I loved Grand Amour, and this one has such a cute name! Unfortunately, it wasn’t the tea for me. Once steeped, it tasted like an apple jolly rancher and very astringent black tea. I was surprised by the astringency because Grand Amour was so silky smooth. Not sure why this one was different. Oh well. I appreciated the sample, Laurent!

ashmanra

With a lot of French teas I find that if I cut the steep time by about a minute and take the temp down to about 195F it really smooths the base and takes out the astringency. I know you probably don’t have any more sample to steep this time, though. That is what I had to with sme of my Dammann Freres teas, but once I changed my parameters they were wonderful. Others were just fine at five minutes with boiling water.

Tealizzy

Ya, too bad I don’t have more sample to experiment with! I still don’t understand why grand amour was so different though. I used the same temp and steep time.

Comments

ashmanra

Tealizzy

I thought my profile needed a facelift, so here we go:

San Francisco Bay Area