drank Chocolate Malt by 52teas

I was a little wary to try this one because the dry leaf smelled a lot like that cheap wine you buy in a box. I know that sounds terrible…maybe it’s the honeybush? This is only the second honeybush tea I’ve tried. I was so looking forward to a super chocolate shake-like tea that didn’t have caffeine, so I could drink it at night. The taste was better, more chocolate-y, but it still had that sweet wine smell and taste. At the bottom of my cup was a malty chocolate residual, so I know it’s in there. It’s not bad, and I feel like it might grow on me. Sometimes, what you expect a tea to taste like doesn’t mesh with what it actually tastes like, but you get used to the new taste. We’ll see.

Fjellrev

Oh weird, but I can see how honeybush would smell sour.

TastyBrew

Hmm… I’m having a similar reaction to this. I’m going to make it with some sugar next time to see if I like it any better. Did you find a way that improved the flavor for you? Maybe I just don’t like honeybush…?

Tealizzy

Hey TastyBrew. I don’t think it’s the honeybush because I love the strawberry pie honeybush. I added sugar and a splash of soymilk, but it didn’t help. Maybe as a latte? I haven’t done one of those yet.

TastyBrew

I’ll try that some time. Something about the flavor just doesn’t work for me. I’ll try the strawberry one tonight. See if I can pick out what exactly honeybush is!

Comments

Fjellrev

Oh weird, but I can see how honeybush would smell sour.

Tealizzy