Got this as a sample in my Butiki order. Thanks, Stacy! I really wasn’t sure about this one, mostly because of the cilantro. I used to hate cilantro, but I’ve learned to like it, that is, mixed into a stir-fry or something. This tea has a very strong cilantro flavor. The pineapple is more muted. I wonder if adding sweetener would bring out the pineapple more? The tea overall feels thick and creamy, which is nice. The leaves are so pretty too. Little pink petals included! I think this would be a good tea to have with Mexican food, and I don’t think there are a lot of teas that fit that pairing!

Chizakura

Interesting what a different palate can taste, huh? For me it was PINEAPPLE PALOOZA oh yeah with some spice from cilantro.

Maybe you took more note of the cilantro because you used to hate it; more on your guard with it.

Either way it’s interesting, and glad that you enjoyed it. :)

Butiki Teas

Tealizzy-Adding sugar will bring out the pineapple more and subdue the cilantro.

Chizakura-With this tea I have been getting a lot of interesting feedback. It seems that there is a pretty big divide about whether the pineapple or cilantro is the strongest. Personally, I find the pineapple to be the strongest but the feedback has been pretty varied. Also, it seems that people who prefer their tea pipping hot notice the cilantro more.

Comments

Chizakura

Either way it’s interesting, and glad that you enjoyed it. :)

Butiki Teas