Okay, I think I know what is throwing my taste buds off. It’s cocoa nibs! Why are there cocoa nibs in a vanilla tea? This would be better without them. As far as vanilla black teas, my favorite was ESP Emporium’s. I had a sample of Lupicia’s that I didn’t like….too much like rum. I wonder why vanilla teas are so different across companies. Now I know why some of you steepsterites have been searching for the perfect vanilla tea. This one misses the mark for me.

TastyBrew

Strange! I haven’t tried this one yet, but I have a sample so I’ll give it a go too. Vanilla really is a hard one. It’s either too perfumey, too light, the tea too light or dark, or any host of other things. Starry Night from art of tea and vanilla cream from culinary teas are both really good. I think there can still be better though. I’ll have to try ESP Emporium’s sometime. Loose leaf Vanilla tea is what first got me interested in loose leaf, so I like many others here, am always trying to find the “ultimate”.

Tealizzy

I’d love to hear your opinion on this one!

TastyBrew

I got the the blueberry cream cheese danish in the mail yesterday so I’m sipping on that right now, but I’ll have the Vanilla one a bit later and get back to you! I always have hard time choosing which tea to drink so you just made it much easier for me :-)

Tealizzy

I was curious about that blueberry cream cheese danish tea, but I just ordered blueberry crumble from Della Terra. Too much tea to buy!!

TastyBrew

I’m only a few sips into this tea. And I’m totally with you. I even had my expectations tempered by your review so I was kind of hoping to be pleasantly surprised, but this one doesn’t’ do it for me either. The cacao nibs don’t bother me per se, but the vanilla flavor is a vanilla that I tend to not like in any vanilla teas. I have no idea what it is. But whenever it’s present I can tell immediately and just don’t enjoy it very much. Bummer.

Tealizzy

It’s nice to know I’m not alone!

Comments

TastyBrew

Tealizzy

I’d love to hear your opinion on this one!

Tealizzy

It’s nice to know I’m not alone!

San Francisco Bay Area