drank Ruby Black by American Tea Room

What a weird tea! I got this from TastyBrew…I’m on a roll today with the teas we swapped. Thanks TastyBrew! So, this tea looked like an oolong, both in dry leaf form and when steeped. A dark oolong. It smelled vegetal once steeped, like an artichoke. Let me tell you, this tasted like drinking liquid artichokes, in a good way, if that’s possible. I actually really liked it, and I’ve not been fond of vegetal teas. So weird! It also seemed to taste like a squash or potato with a hint of cinnamon, but only in the aftertaste. Weird, but good!

TastyBrew

Glad you like it! I really want to as it is super highly regarded, but every time I have it I want it to be a little different. I should try it in the gaiwan to see if I can separate out some of the flavors. I do love artichokes!

Comments

TastyBrew

I thought my profile needed a facelift, so here we go:

San Francisco Bay Area