drank Vanilla Orchid by DAVIDsTEA

So, I was feeling bummed out about work stuff, and decided to make myself feel better by going on a tea shopping therapy trip to DavidsTea during my lunch break! I had a few things on a list already, so I would have bought them eventually, but I upped it to TODAY!

I started with my list, but had to kind of urge the salesperson forward. They always seem to assume you’ve never been there before and try to provide recommendations, but I just wanted what was on my list! She was nice though, and measured what I bought to the exact amount requested. I asked about the April tea of the month, Bollywood chai, and the other salesperson got interested and brought out the canister. She let me smell it, but said she couldn’t sell any yet. Poo! It smelled really spicy hot though. Not sure if I’ll like that.

So, I picked up some new teas to try: vanilla orchid oolong, quangzhou milk oolong, mulberry magic, and a little matcha. My husband requested the matcha because he likes the Jamba Juice matcha green tea blast smoothie and wants to see if he could create it at home.

On to vanilla orchid: the dry leaf smells like a delicious vanilla cake! Yum! Steeped, it tastes more floral, but the vanilla was still there. Not really a buttery oolong. I guess this is a floral one. Anyway, I enjoyed two steeps of it this afternoon. I will be enjoying the rest of the little bag, but I’ll have to see if I’ll want more at the end of it.

TastyBrew

Ooh! Nice order! Let me know if you like their milk oolong, I’m just getting into those.

Tealizzy

Will do! I’m excited to try that one!

ashmanra

I see you are in San Francisco. Have you ever tried T-We Teas?

Tealizzy

ashmanra – I’ve never heard of T-We Teas. Are they in the city? I work downtown, but live out in the East Bay.

Tealizzy

ashmanra – I just looked them up, and they’re not far from my work! Oh no! Another temptation!! Guess I know where I’m going during my lunch break next week!!

Comments

TastyBrew

Tealizzy

Will do! I’m excited to try that one!

ashmanra

I see you are in San Francisco. Have you ever tried T-We Teas?

Tealizzy

I thought my profile needed a facelift, so here we go:

San Francisco Bay Area