Had 3 infusions of this on Saturday, but I had the first and third with pizza, which kind of ruined my ability to discern specific flavors in this tea. Garlicky white sauce…yum! So, I had another two infusions (new leaves) on Sunday.

This tea did not turn out as expected, but that doesn’t mean I don’t like it. To tell you the truth, I’m still unsure about whether I like it! It has a very thick creamy quality, which is nice. The taste reminded me of a creamy cheese with a slight floral note. I think one of the reviews said it tasted like havarti cheese, and I think I agree. I thought maybe I’m getting cheese because the water I used was too hot? I don’t know, any recommendations? Or is this how a milk oolong should be? I steeped it for 3 minutes each time.

whatshesaid

I didn’t get cheese out of it! Just buttery deliciousness. Though I suppose butter and cheese are practically siblings. What temp did you use?

OMGsrsly

I would definitely try cooler water to see how it changes the flavour. I’ve only had this one once (and I didn’t brew it), but the other milk oolong I have isn’t very vegetal, and is more straight up cream, not so much cheese or frittata.

Tealizzy

I don’t really know what temperature, because I don’t have a thermometer…kind of just fudge it! I know, I should get one. Well, I’ll try cooler water next time and see how it goes. Thanks!

OMGsrsly

I have instructions on some of my teas. ‘Wait 5 mins for water’ or ‘wait 10 mins for water’ :) Everyone’s kettle is different though.

Comments

whatshesaid

Tealizzy