drank Mulberry Magic by DAVIDsTEA

I was really looking forward to trying this tea, as I’m still searching for a perfect evening tea. The dry leaf smelled sweet and nutty. How can anyone not like that? Once steeped, I was a little taken aback by how green the tea was! It’s dark green! Okay, so I’m sure there are other teas that are dark green, but I’ve not had any. The green teas I’ve had we’re actually more yellow. Anyway, it was VERY GREEN. After one sip I decided to add sugar. I do have a sweet tooth! The taste at first was a little different than what I’m used to, but as I continued to sip, I started to like it more. It is sweet and nutty, but I think the fact that it’s mulberry leaves and not traditional tea leaves is throwing me off. I reserve full judgement until my next cup! ;)

TastyBrew

I had this last night too! Mine tasted pretty sweet and didn’t turn green at all just a light yellow. I wonder if I’m drinking something else???

Tealizzy

That’s weird! There are two teas with mulberries it it. I think the other is gold rush. I steeped this one for 4 minutes, and it was definitely green!

TastyBrew

Did it have macadamia nuts in it?

Kittenna

^^ This tea doesn’t actually contain mulberries, only Gold Rush and Caramel Spice do. It’s just mulberry leaves here. As for the colour (and flavour), I really think it just depends on the leaf:water ratio and infusion time. I’ve had both rather light/yellow cups, and also those that are a darker green; the leaves are kind of curly so sometimes even 1.5tsp isn’t necessarily the same amount of leaf.

Comments

TastyBrew

Tealizzy

TastyBrew

Did it have macadamia nuts in it?

Kittenna