drank Florence by Harney & Sons

My mom got us some of this to split in her last Harney’s order. I picked it up last weekend, when we had tea for her and my grandmother’s birthdays. Tea was so fun…had scones, cupcakes, and chocolate covered strawberries! Delicious! We also drank a bunch of my favorites, because my mom hadn’t tried them yet. We had blueberry crumble, ceylon star, and maple pecan oolong! Yum! We drank them in cute little teacups, which, for me, was not enough tea! I need my large 12-16 oz. mug! Crude, yes, but, I get more tea!

So, this tea….I think my expectations were too high. I really thought it would taste like Nutella. My mom warned me that the smell was better than the taste, and she’s right. It was good, but not as great as I was expecting. I’m also finding that I don’t like a lot of chocolate teas, which is a bummer because I really like chocolate! I can taste both the chocolate and the hazelnut, but wish the flavor was stronger. Maybe I need another cup to really appreciate it. I’ll try that! ;)

whatshesaid

I’m with you! Though I didn’t find it very chocolatey. Which was the problem :)

Alysha

Yum that tea party sounds awesome!

Fjellrev

I personally don’t find this chocolatey OR nutty enough. Glad I’m not the only one.

TastyBrew

Sounds fun! What was your mom and grandma’s favorite?

Tealizzy

Well, my grandma can’t drink caffeine, so she drank vanilla comoro, and tried a teaspoon of each tea. But my mom seemed to really like blueberry crumble and Ceylon star….she even asked for another sample of the latter.

TastyBrew

Nice! Your grandma sounds cute.

Also, I’m with you. I haven’t mastered sipping tea, I guzzle, so I’m also a fan of the mug vs the cup. Although for trying a bunch at a time a cups the best way to go. Although I’d still guzzle. My days of chugging beers. I don’t know how to drink any other way :-)

Comments

whatshesaid

I’m with you! Though I didn’t find it very chocolatey. Which was the problem :)

Alysha

Yum that tea party sounds awesome!

Fjellrev

TastyBrew

Sounds fun! What was your mom and grandma’s favorite?

Tealizzy

TastyBrew

Nice! Your grandma sounds cute.

I thought my profile needed a facelift, so here we go:

San Francisco Bay Area