drank Chai That by T-We Tea

I stopped by this shop for the first time last week and picked this up. I think ashmanra told me about this company. I didn’t know it existed, and it’s only a couple blocks from my work! Anyway, it’s a very modern, tiny little shop. They have their regular blends and then they have their “fancy pants” blends. Haha! Their teas seem to only come in 2.5 oz. packages. They don’t have a huge selection, but they did have 3 different chai’s. They have Chai Me (herbal), Chai This, and Chai That. I picked up Chai That because it had star anise in it. I think it’s supposed to be the spicier of the two black chai’s. I was a little disappointed in the packaging, because inside the box, the tea is in kind of a thin plastic bag with one of those curl-down ties, but once you open it, it’s not as secure.

The dry leaf of this tea smells great! There only seems to be one little star anise in my little bag though. Once steeped, it still smells great! However, the taste was disappointing. I thought the spice blend was pretty flat, meaning I couldn’t discern high or low notes. Oh well, it was fun to try, but apparently not the blend for me.