Yay! A genmaicha! I love genmaicha! I really enjoyed this tea. I don’t have any other genmaicha (except, I think I have a swap from TastyBrew) so this will hold down the fort for now. The dry leaf did have an odd chemical smell, but it was gone once steeped. It tasted mostly of genmaicha, with marshmallow more in the aftertaste. Yum! Happy sweet genmaicha!

TastyBrew

I’ve become somewhat addicted to these semi-sweet genmaichas at night time. I started experimenting last night trying to make my own since I have an insane amount of genmaicha. Nothing to write home about yet, but I’m optimistic :-)

Tealizzy

Nice! Maybe you should add marshmallows to your plain genmaicha.

TastyBrew

I added marshmallows to my Marshmallow Treat Genmaicha last night to make it a little more marshmallow-y. Was pretty good. I’m actually taking tiny amounts of the flavored matchas from red leaf (caramel & creme brûlée) and mixing it in to my plain genmaicha. It works pretty well with the Culinary Teas Genmaicha because theirs is extra roasty flavored.

Ooh, that sounds good!

Comments

TastyBrew

Tealizzy

Nice! Maybe you should add marshmallows to your plain genmaicha.

Ooh, that sounds good!