drank Florence by Harney & Sons

Enjoyed this tea more yesterday. I think I was expecting it to taste like Nutella, and was disappointed when it didn’t. However, I am comparing it to the Nutella available in the U.S., which I think may be different than the Nutella I became acquainted with when I visited Europe. That was more than 10 years ago, so I can’t remember, but it’s probably less sugared-up than the U.S. version, which, btw, I eat frequently. ;) So now that I’ve changed my expectations, I like this tea. It’s really good with milk and sugar and steeped 4 minutes. I think steeping it at 5 minutes, as directed by the label, makes it too bitter, astringent.

whatshesaid

Agreed! I did not enjoy this the first time and was sorely disappointed because I expected more of a dessert taste. Steeped at 3.5 minutes vs 5 made me really appreciate it!

Dinosara

Yeah, I find European nutella to be better than its American counterpart, but I prefer “off-brand” European hazelnut-chocolate spreads even more… Like Nutkao, or the Greek version Merenda. A lot of them have more hazelnut flavor and are divine.

Comments

whatshesaid

Dinosara

I thought my profile needed a facelift, so here we go:

San Francisco Bay Area