Stacy gave me a sample of this tea in my last order. It seems to be the base for the caramel vanilla assam. It reminded me a lot of laoshan black from Verdant, but I think I like this one better. It has malty cocoa notes, and a little raisin sweetness. The second steep included more of a honey note, similar to laoshan black. I think I like this one better because it seemed to be more smooth, especially if you compare the first steeps of each tea. I’m a little surprised that such a bold malty flavor is the base for the caramel vanilla assam, because you’d think that the flavor would overpower the very natural-tasting flavor of the caramel and vanilla. I added a little sugar, but no milk. Really good morning cup!

TastyBrew

Funny, I just made this one too! About to have my second steep.

Tealizzy

Great minds think alike! Haha!!

Chizakura

Welcome to the Taiwanese Assam party :D Hope you loved it as much as I do. xD I know what you mean about the Laoshan Black, but it’s definitely smoother and less roasty. This is my favorite tea. :)

Comments

TastyBrew

Funny, I just made this one too! About to have my second steep.

Tealizzy

Great minds think alike! Haha!!

Chizakura

I thought my profile needed a facelift, so here we go:

San Francisco Bay Area