Okay, so my tea tastes are evolving, and therefore, this tea has lost a bit of its charm. It’s a delicious dessert tea, but it’s fake-y sweet. Sometimes that’s what I want, but I more and more am losing interest in that sort of tea. Hmmm.

Chizakura

Yeah, the same thing is happening to me too. A dessert tea that I liked a lot a month ago is suddenly not so great anymore. I think I’ve become a bit spoiled from all the high end teas I’ve been drinking lately!

I gave Strawberry Shortcake such a glowing review a while back, but now I don’t know WHAT I’m going to do with the rest of my package (I had thought I was out, but discovered I had more) and when I finished off the Pumpkin Chai a little while ago, I swear it tasted like chemicals and when I first had it, I loved it.

OMGsrsly

This is why I have a mix of teas every day. :) (I’m also leaning towards more subtle or unflavoured teas. I’m adding less sugar, too. So weird!)

Fjellrev

Yeah I’m sure if I tried this last year I would have fallen for it, but trying it just a couple months ago… eh. Toooooo sweet.

Tealizzy

OMGsrsly – me too. I’ve been having a mix of both sugary sweet and more natural teas on a daily basis . :)

@Incendiare

That’s me too. I’m almost completely growing out of flavored teas. I either hate them at the get go, or a few cups later it’ll taste too sweet for me. Even the Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish that I raved about after the first cup a week ago I’m finding too sweet already.

whatshesaid

Funny how that happens over time! I can only drink one steep at a time of the sweet ones now

Cavocorax

I’ve done the same thing. I think sweet dessert teas were my gateway into tea, and now my tastes have grown up. I still enjoy those flavoured teas, but I rarely re-steep them, while I try to re-steep and savour the unflavoured straight teas. I still have a great sweet tooth so I don’t know that I’d ever phase these types of teas out completely, but I mix them up so I can alternate between that and another (less sweet) tea at the same time.

Terri HarpLady

For a long time I didn’t drink anything flavored, & most of the time I still just prefer straight. Most flavored teas tend to have a chemical/fake taste, but once in awhile I enjoy them anyway. That’s also the reason I rotate through my crazy collection, so that I don’t drink the same thing too often.

OMGsrsly

There’s that one company that uses fruits and spices and no flavours for their flavoured teas… http://www.steapshoppe.com/ I want to see what their teas are like.

Tealizzy

OMGsrsly – I tried steap shoppe, and their cinnamon swirl bread tea is amazing, but I didn’t really like the samples of black teas I got.

OMGsrsly

Oh right! I remember seeing that. That tea is on my to buy list. :)

Comments

Chizakura

Fjellrev

@Incendiare

whatshesaid

Cavocorax

Terri HarpLady

OMGsrsly

Oh right! I remember seeing that. That tea is on my to buy list. :)

I thought my profile needed a facelift, so here we go:

San Francisco Bay Area