drank Kenyan Tinderet by DAVIDsTEA

After commenting on a post about how I don’t like CTC teas, I decided to give this one another try now that I have evolved a bit. The dry leaf looks like grapenuts, and it also kind of smells like grapenuts. Ha! I could get malty and fruity notes from the aroma. I decided to steep it for 3 minutes, instead of the recommended 4-6 minutes, at 205 degrees, instead of 208 degrees. I added my usual sugar and a splash of soymilk. Well, it was better than my previous tries. Or maybe I just have evolved to appreciate it more? Malty and a little fruity were the notes I could taste. It still was a little bitter and astringent. Maybe a 2 minute steep would be better? What a finicky tea!

Angrboda

I think the change in steeping time made a difference here. I’m always a little worried that I’m steeping CTC too long, and haven’t yet managed to find that perfect time that always works for me like I have with regular leaf (2 minutes in small pot, 4 minutes in large pot. Almost never fails to brew just the right strength for me.)

TastyBrew

Funny, most CTCs taste like grapenuts to me too. And they ALL require milk and honey.

Comments

Angrboda

TastyBrew