drank Golden Fleece by Verdant Tea

I finally got a sample of this tea. I was really looking forward to it because it seems to be worshipped on steepster alongside laoshan black. Well, it smelled and tasted a lot like potatoes. You know, “po-ta-toes! Boil ’em, mash ’em, stick ’em in a stew!” ;) The taste also has a bit of spice at the end of the sip. I had 3 steeps of the same leaves brewed western style (I think 1-minute infusions) and the flavor remained pretty much the same.

Overall, I wasn’t that into this tea. Maybe the potato-like black teas aren’t my thing? I guess we’ll see because I also have a sample of the Yu Lu that I haven’t tried yet. I still have some of this left, so I’m willing to give it another go. Don’t really want to mess with gongfu style though, because I feel like a tea should at the base, be good brewed western style, and if that’s the case, then gongfu is icing on the cake.

i don’t like this one nearly as much as a lot of steepsterites. The type of tea just doesn’t seem to be up my alley :)

Cavocorax

Isn’t this one of the more expensive Verdant Teas? It’s probably better for your wallet this way!

haha true!

Tealizzy

Sil – yay! I’m not alone!

Cavocorax – yes it is! More money for other teas!

Fuzzy_Peachkin

If it tastes like potatoes, I think I need to try it!

Lol! @Fuzzy_Peachkin

Fjellrev

After reading some of the more recent reviews describing it as starchy potato, I’ve been less excited to try it haha.

Chizakura

Yeah, I’m not sure if I want to try this to be honest. It’s so high risk (the price) and so far I haven’t been extremely fond of Yunnan teas I’ve tried.

(“What’s… taters? D:”)

Chizakura – ;)

Comments

Cavocorax

haha true!

Tealizzy

Sil – yay! I’m not alone!

Cavocorax – yes it is! More money for other teas!

Fuzzy_Peachkin

If it tastes like potatoes, I think I need to try it!

Lol! @Fuzzy_Peachkin

Fjellrev

Chizakura

(“What’s… taters? D:”)

Chizakura – ;)

I thought my profile needed a facelift, so here we go:

San Francisco Bay Area