drank Malted ChocoMaté by 52teas

Hmmm…this is pretty good! Thanks, Stephanie, for this sample! When I steeped this up, I was a little worried, because it smelled like the chocolate malt honeybush tea that didn’t reblend well. Probably has some of the same flavoring. Fortunately, this tasted good! I definitely get chocolate malt flavor, and maybe a little banana. It’s pretty smooth too. I steeped it at 190 degrees for 5 minutes. This is my first mate, so we’ll see what kind of effect it has, if any. Definitely doesn’t have that tea taste…more like an herbal, which turns me off a little. I like having that tea taste in the morning, and with the energy boost of mate, this has to be a morning tea for me. Not sure if I’d pick up more, but I’m glad I got to try a mate, and even happier that it tastes like it’s name implies!

Fjellrev

I get banana too!

Stephanie

Oh wow your first mate! :)

Tealizzy

Ya, my first! I didn’t notice any crazy caffeine boost, so I guess I can handle it!

Comments

Fjellrev

I get banana too!

Stephanie

Oh wow your first mate! :)

Tealizzy

I thought my profile needed a facelift, so here we go:

San Francisco Bay Area