So, I have to admit I went to Starbucks this morning for a white mocha. With all my fabulous tea, I haven’t been there in ages, but I was really groggy this morning and needed something STRONG, so there you go. The white mocha was super sweet…either the barista put lots of syrup in it, or I’m used to less sweet drinks now. Hmmm.

So, after my distraction from tea, I made this one! This tea wasn’t bad. Interesting, with malty and sweet potato notes, and a little sweet. I enjoyed three steeps of it, but I’m not sure I’m in love. I’m starting to think that I’m not fond of black teas with potato notes. Plus, I want them to be good with milk and sugar, and I think that would have ruined this one. Probably not one I’d reach for on a regular basis, but fun to try!!

Fjellrev

I’m finding the same thing with those kinds of drinks. They’re like sugary sludge to me now. Don’t know how people can drink those on a daily basis.

Tealizzy

Ya, I used to get one of those every day before work in my first year working full-time, and I got 4 cavities after never having even one cavity! I was pretty sure it was the froufrou coffee drinks.

Chizakura

The White Mocha is excruciatingly sweet, so it was probably the drink’s fault. If I even get half of a pump in a drink, it’s too sweet for me. DX;

I haven’t gotten a milky drink from Starbucks in ages (the novelty wears off pretty fast when you work there), and I remember the last time I had it I regretted it. It feels so icky now when you just drink tea all the time.

Fjellrev

Oh geez, four cavities! I wouldn’t be surprised if the drinks were the culprit. I finally tried the infamous pumpkin spice latte for the first time last winter and that was waaaaay too sweet for me too.

Haha working there must really turn a person off coffee.

Chizakura

Agreed. Just like white mocha, the pumpkin spice is extremely sweet too. I can’t have it at all, even though I love the idea, because even the smallest amount is too sweet. I find that with all of the sauce syrups. (Excluding the regular mocha since it’s like dark chocolate)

I actually didn’t like coffee already to begin with. xD But working there isn’t changing that.

Comments

Fjellrev

Tealizzy

Fjellrev

Haha working there must really turn a person off coffee.

Chizakura

I thought my profile needed a facelift, so here we go:

San Francisco Bay Area