drank Ceylon Star by DAVIDsTEA

I’ve had a giant cup of this tea for the last three days, and that’s okay….you know why? Because I have 8.8 oz. on its way to me! Yep! When I saw it on the web special list for 48% off, surrounded by what I think are not very popular teas, it looked like they were going to discontinue it. NO!! I emailed them about it, but have yet to receive confirmation on this. So, instead of hoarding what I have left, I bought a TON of it! They can’t take it away from me now! (Or at least not until I’ve drank all 8.8 oz!) ;)

Cavocorax

Hahah. That’s a pretty decent sized hoard. :)

Dan

Ceylon Star isn’t going anywhere! It’s just being featured in the Web Special, it’s not being discontinued :)

Tealizzy

Well, I guess I just got a lot of it at almost half price! Glad to hear it’s not being discontinued. :)

Anlina

I did the same thing, but I’m positive it has been discontinued now. Sadness, since it’s a very nice tea, but partner and I now have over a pound of it between the two of us, so I think we’ll be okay.

Comments

Cavocorax

Hahah. That’s a pretty decent sized hoard. :)

Dan

Tealizzy

Anlina

Another profile facelift! My tastes have changed a lot from when I first discovered loose leaf tea.

I can trace my tea journey back to October 2012, when I discovered DavidsTea. Before that, I had the occasional cup and enjoyed high tea at An Afternoon to Remember, which has since closed.

I went through a period of wanting to try all the teas, and was really into flavored teas, especially dessert blacks, but my tastes have substantially changed over time.

I still enjoy the occasional flavored black or rooibos, but I’m more into unflavored black teas right now and recently, puerh. Chinese black teas are amazing…with their notes of chocolate or sweet potato, who needs a flavored tea? I had a much steeper learning curve when it came to puerh. I used to dump out cups of puerh for tasting like leather. Now, I am really enjoying them. I think it took finding good quality puerh and steeping them gong fu style to really enjoy them.

I also, on occasion, enjoy a good oolong, white, or green tea.

Favorite tea companies right now include: Mandala, Teavivre, Butiki, Golden Moon, Lupicia, and DavidsTea (for teaware mostly).

San Francisco Bay Area