drank Checkmate by DAVIDsTEA

I had a little too much fun at DavidsTea today. Picked up small amounts of all the fall teas, except the pistachio one (not a fan of mulberry leaves), and a few other teas I’ve been meaning to try. After picking up a half ounce of this tea, the sales guy persuaded me to try secret weapon, so I got some of that too. He was pretty awesome though…he gave me a free “sample” of chocolate rocket. I say that because it was a lot bigger than a sample! Must have had some random pre-packaged stuff to give away, or maybe I was just lucky! I ended up with quite the haul, and I still have three orders from other companies on their way! Oops! ;)

Anyway, I decided to try this one out first, and it did not disappoint! I really wasn’t sure what to expect, because there was all this talk about it tasting like chocolate, even though it’s not flavored that way. Surprisingly, this tea did not taste like chocolate to me, but rather, like toffee! And that is AOK with me! Yum! I also liked how the white tea lightens up what could be a heavy cup. I had it with a little sugar and a dash of milk and it was a perfect dessert tea. Definitely a winner!

Chizakura

Sounds like you had a good time! :)

I’ve been kind of curious about this tea, but was also weirded out at the idea of black and white teas mixed together. xD Wasn’t really sure how that’d turn out.

Tealizzy

I’ve found black and white combos to be pretty good sometimes. I like periwinkle from the persimmon tree too. :)

Comments

Chizakura

Sounds like you had a good time! :)

Tealizzy