drank Sugar and Spice by DAVIDsTEA

This was the fall tea I was really excited to try, but kind of worried based on less than stellar reviews so far. It smells amazing. Like advertised, it smells like spice cake and the smell is complex. It actually reminded me of those Christmas decoration stores…must be the clove and cinnamon. Honestly, someone should totally make a candle that smells like this tea!

Unfortunately, the taste of this tea does not deliver what the smell promises. It is much more muted. As it cooled, I got more of a custard-like feel/taste, which was probably accentuated by the splash of soy milk I added. So, more like a spiced custard, than a spice cake. Overall, I’m not blown away, but it’s pretty good. I think the flavors are more winter-like though, so I might enjoy it more closer to that season.

Chizakura

Darn, I was hoping this one would do better. That’s why I’m scared to order the mugs I want online, because the smallest amount you can buy online is 50g, whereas if I take the time to head out to the store I can purchase a much less risky amount.

Tealizzy

Ya, I’d recommend a store trip.

Comments

Chizakura

Tealizzy

Ya, I’d recommend a store trip.

I thought my profile needed a facelift, so here we go:

San Francisco Bay Area