drank Pumpkin Chai by DAVIDsTEA

I don’t know, guys…

This one doesn’t quite make it for me. Bummer! I was expecting pumpkin pie, and I got more chai than I wanted. I think there’s too much cinnamon, and not enough pumpkin. The pumpkin flavor also reminds me of Della Terra’s chocolate pumpkin pie, but without the chocolate. Truthfully, I think I like Republic of Tea’s pumpkin spice better. I can’t believe I’m saying that! I mean, those are teabags! Ha! But those taste more like pumpkin pie to me. I’ll give this another try with the stovetop method and some brown sugar, and we’ll see how that goes.

Lariel

It’s actually pretty good with the chocolate pumpkin pie.

Yes, that’s the issue – it needs more pumpkin

Gabriela

Ok, so I didn’t like this at first… Had 50 grams since last fall sitting on the shelf collecting dust. After everyone raved about it I decided to give it another chance. I steeped it again and added warm milk…. Omg so good. Cannot tell you how much I liked it. Add a little sugar as well.

Cavocorax

I agree, milk and (brown) sugar make it pop, but I wish it was that good without it.

Tealizzy

Lariel – do you mean you combine it with the other tea?

Gabriela – I did add some milk and sugar, because I always do that for a black tea, but I will try the stovetop method (with half milk) and some brown sugar to see if that works out better.

Cavocorax – I agree!

Lariel

Yeah, I like to combine teas sometimes. Just a little of each.

Comments

Lariel

It’s actually pretty good with the chocolate pumpkin pie.

Yes, that’s the issue – it needs more pumpkin

Gabriela

Tealizzy

Lariel – do you mean you combine it with the other tea?

Cavocorax – I agree!

Lariel

Yeah, I like to combine teas sometimes. Just a little of each.

San Francisco Bay Area