drank Pumpkin Chai by DAVIDsTEA

I don’t know, guys…

This one doesn’t quite make it for me. Bummer! I was expecting pumpkin pie, and I got more chai than I wanted. I think there’s too much cinnamon, and not enough pumpkin. The pumpkin flavor also reminds me of Della Terra’s chocolate pumpkin pie, but without the chocolate. Truthfully, I think I like Republic of Tea’s pumpkin spice better. I can’t believe I’m saying that! I mean, those are teabags! Ha! But those taste more like pumpkin pie to me. I’ll give this another try with the stovetop method and some brown sugar, and we’ll see how that goes.

Lariel of Lórien

It’s actually pretty good with the chocolate pumpkin pie.

Yes, that’s the issue – it needs more pumpkin

Gabriela

Ok, so I didn’t like this at first… Had 50 grams since last fall sitting on the shelf collecting dust. After everyone raved about it I decided to give it another chance. I steeped it again and added warm milk…. Omg so good. Cannot tell you how much I liked it. Add a little sugar as well.

Cavocorax

I agree, milk and (brown) sugar make it pop, but I wish it was that good without it.

Tealizzy

Lariel – do you mean you combine it with the other tea?

Gabriela – I did add some milk and sugar, because I always do that for a black tea, but I will try the stovetop method (with half milk) and some brown sugar to see if that works out better.

Cavocorax – I agree!

Lariel of Lórien

Yeah, I like to combine teas sometimes. Just a little of each.

Comments

Lariel of Lórien

It’s actually pretty good with the chocolate pumpkin pie.

Yes, that’s the issue – it needs more pumpkin

Gabriela

Tealizzy

Lariel – do you mean you combine it with the other tea?

Cavocorax – I agree!

Lariel of Lórien

Yeah, I like to combine teas sometimes. Just a little of each.

Another profile facelift! My tastes have changed a lot from when I first discovered loose leaf tea.

I can trace my tea journey back to October 2012, when I discovered DavidsTea. Before that, I had the occasional cup and enjoyed high tea at An Afternoon to Remember, which has since closed.

I went through a period of wanting to try all the teas, and was really into flavored teas, especially dessert blacks, but my tastes have substantially changed over time.

I still enjoy the occasional flavored black or rooibos, but I’m more into unflavored black teas right now and recently, puerh. Chinese black teas are amazing…with their notes of chocolate or sweet potato, who needs a flavored tea? I had a much steeper learning curve when it came to puerh. I used to dump out cups of puerh for tasting like leather. Now, I am really enjoying them. I think it took finding good quality puerh and steeping them gong fu style to really enjoy them.

I also, on occasion, enjoy a good oolong, white, or green tea.

Favorite tea companies right now include: Mandala, Teavivre, Butiki, Golden Moon, Lupicia, and DavidsTea (for teaware mostly).

San Francisco Bay Area