drank Pumpkin Chai by DAVIDsTEA

Enjoyed a cup of this with breakfast. I think I’m going to resteep the leaves because I only have 1 cup left now! This once grew on me a lot. I can’t get any more until the shutdown is over and I can go back to work (the closest DavidsTea store is near my office, which is a far commute from home). Fortunately, I do have a new pumpkin tea on its way to me from Butiki! Yay!

Speaking of pumpkin, I’m making a chocolate chip pumpkin bundt cake for our family reunion later today. Guess I better go make it!

Another profile facelift! My tastes have changed a lot from when I first discovered loose leaf tea.

I can trace my tea journey back to October 2012, when I discovered DavidsTea. Before that, I had the occasional cup and enjoyed high tea at An Afternoon to Remember, which has since closed.

I went through a period of wanting to try all the teas, and was really into flavored teas, especially dessert blacks, but my tastes have substantially changed over time.

I still enjoy the occasional flavored black or rooibos, but I’m more into unflavored black teas right now and recently, puerh. Chinese black teas are amazing…with their notes of chocolate or sweet potato, who needs a flavored tea? I had a much steeper learning curve when it came to puerh. I used to dump out cups of puerh for tasting like leather. Now, I am really enjoying them. I think it took finding good quality puerh and steeping them gong fu style to really enjoy them.

I also, on occasion, enjoy a good oolong, white, or green tea.

Favorite tea companies right now include: Mandala, Teavivre, Butiki, Golden Moon, Lupicia, and DavidsTea (for teaware mostly).

San Francisco Bay Area