Oh joy! It is in my grasp!

I was so excited to get my Butiki order today, I stalked my mailman, and when he didn’t ring the door, I thought, that package better be in the mailbox! And, to my relief, it was! Along with the Lupicia newsletter and an issue of Tea Time magazine, which my mother surprised me with! Yay!

I had a really hard time deciding which tea to try, but decided to go with this one, since I had basically waited until this one was on the website before placing my order. It was especially hard because the box smelled like the sample of Foxy Roxy’s Banana Walnut Treat that Stacy sent me. Yum!

Anyway, I steeped this one up as recommended, and decided to only make 8 oz. of tea, so as to not drink up the little 1 oz. bag too fast. I gotta savor it!

Oh, the dry leaf smells like carrot and spice, and not chemical, like the DavidsTea carrot cake oolong tea. I gave that one away because of that.

Once steeped, the first thing that hits you is the carrot. Bam! And then you taste some nice subtle spice. Mmmmm. I made the first cup with a splash of soy milk and a little white sugar, which is how I typically roll when it comes to black tea. It was good, but I was a little distracted, making pumpkin cookies. ;) So, I resteeped, and added a little brown sugar instead of white. Definitely preferable. The brown sugar helped it become more bake-y. Be careful though, because it can overpower the subtle flavors in the tea. So, I didn’t feel like I had enough to savor, so I resteeped again. Yum. I think this is a winner! Let me go drink some more and find out! ;)

Nxtdoor

Tea Time is nice. I am too cheap to subscribe (or too commitment phobic) but keep buying issues when I’m at the bookstore.

Cavocorax

I’m jealous! I hope she still has some of this left around Black Friday, and that it isn’t quite limited time only. (What if we buy it like crazy?) I’m happy you enjoyed it!

Cavo – if it looks like it’ll be selling out, i’ll be getting some. I make it my life’s goal to try all of stacy’s teas lol. So you can certainly have some if you miss it.

Tealizzy

Nxtdoor – ya, I’m enjoying Tea Time right now! Would definitely continue the subscription, since it’s like the only magazine that keeps my interest!

Cavo and Sil – maybe she will be persuaded to keep this one around! ;)

i’m not worried… i only have 40 more sipdowns to get to my goal and i have lots of little teas left. I’m laughing, so even if i screw up and place a tiny order with stacy i’ll still be in a decent position to get to my black friday goal.

Terri HarpLady

Did I hear you say you might place a tiny order, Sil? ;)

Terri….ONLY if this tea looks like it might be getting low in stock. I resisted all weekend! Getting so close to 150…

Comments

Nxtdoor

Cavocorax

Tealizzy

Cavo and Sil – maybe she will be persuaded to keep this one around! ;)

Terri HarpLady

Did I hear you say you might place a tiny order, Sil? ;)

I thought my profile needed a facelift, so here we go:

San Francisco Bay Area