I was also lucky to get a sample of this tea with my last order. I was REALLY excited, because I love chocolate hazelnut spread, and was hoping this one would be a hit. It’s also really nice to try it before you buy it. Anyway, I was kind of disappointed by the small leaves. I mean, it’s an oolong…shouldn’t they be long or curled up? The smell of the dry leaf, however was very enticing. I started to steep it at more conservative parameters, even though the directions are pretty much in line for how you would steep a black tea. So I did it at 190 degrees, and was thinking 4 minutes, but decreased it to 3 when I saw how dark it was getting. Three minutes turned out to be plenty long. The taste is very nutty, full of hazelnut, although there is some chocolate in there. After a few sips, it reminded me a lot of flavored instant coffee. Not good. I want my tea to taste like tea! Well, so much for my high hopes. I wouldn’t sneer at another cup of this, but I probably wouldn’t go out of my way for it.

Irene89

Disappointing, huh? I was so looking forward to that tea, it sounded so perfect. Way too strong for me :( And I agree with you on the coffee taste (and I HATE coffee). Sad sad…

Tealizzy

I’m glad you get coffee flavor too. It confirms my taste buds! Ya, it was disappointing. Oh well, still planning to pick up a little coffee cake tea tomorrow. We’ll see how that one is.