drank Coffee Cake by DAVIDsTEA

I couldn’t resist going straight to DavidsTea on my lunch break yesterday to pick up some of the coffee cake tea. It was nice that, due to my last online order, I got to try samples of choconut and spiced fig, so I knew I was going to pass on those. I was also in the market for a new mug, because earlier this week, one of my elephant mugs broke….I’m so sad about that!

So, my coworker and I headed over to the store, and I picked up 1 oz. of this tea and the silver berries mug. I was hoping to get the new Nordic mug advertised at the back of the winter tea menu, but I guess they don’t have that one yet. Will probably still pick it up once they have it. ;) My coworker picked up a bunch of tea, including some of the fall teas they still had in stock. We also learned that they are indeed retiring ceylon star. The horror! Glad I still have two tins of that one.

Anyway, this tea smells a lot like DavidsTea’s red velvet cake tea, which to me, tasted like Della Terra’s pineapple upside down cake tea. Since this tea also has pineapple and cherry, it definitely reminds me of Della Terra’s tea. Someone posted on here that they thought it had more tea taste, and I agree, and that happens to be a plus for me. What disappoints me, however, is that this isn’t really coffe cake to me. Coffee cake to me is more brown sugar and cinnamon, but this tea has fruit. I think they should have named it differently, but I will still enjoy what I picked up.

Cavocorax

Two tins of Ceylon Star? Wow. Then you WON’T need this: http://www.davidstea.com/ceylon-star-250g?&TF=27F5948F6518&DEID=

Tealizzy

That’s funny that it’s 50% off now. The reason I still have two tins is because I bought the 8.8 oz at 48% off not that long ago!

Cavocorax

That makes sense that you’d buy it like that. :)
I really like the Star Anise in it.

Tealizzy

Me too, and I like that it’s cozy and creamy, with a touch of spice. :)

Cavocorax

Aaaah. I’m really feeling like I need to buy that 8.8 ozs, even though I just spent $50 at DT yesterday. :O I’m making a cup right now to help me decide if this is a good idea or not.

Tealizzy

Lol! When I was trying to decide on the 8.8 oz., I made a cup too!

Well, I just made the order. Hope I don’t regret it. /0\

Tealizzy

Nice! I haven’t regretted mine. Enjoy! :)

Comments

Cavocorax

Cavocorax

That makes sense that you’d buy it like that. :)
I really like the Star Anise in it.

Tealizzy

Me too, and I like that it’s cozy and creamy, with a touch of spice. :)

Tealizzy

Lol! When I was trying to decide on the 8.8 oz., I made a cup too!

Well, I just made the order. Hope I don’t regret it. /0\

Tealizzy

Nice! I haven’t regretted mine. Enjoy! :)

San Francisco Bay Area