drank Ceylon Star by DAVIDsTEA

Taking a little break from my seasonal teas to have a nice big mug of this fabulous tea. Still a favorite! I mean, who doesn’t like a warm creamy, slightly spiced mug of goodness? It’s also helping me wait for my teas from Herbal Infusions. It’s kind of driving me crazy that I still don’t have my orders from BF/CM. Good thing they weren’t gifts! Dan has been pretty good at communicating, but I think it’s now the fault of the good ol’ USPS. Hope I get them today! That would be a nice first Christmas present, wink wink USPS!

Tealizzy

Mail came, no HI. :( But, my free sample from The Tea Spot came, so that’s something!

Cavocorax

I hope they show! I was pretty disappointed when I got up and checked the tracking for my new kettle, and it said delivered, only to realize they meant they’d delivered the tea jail notice and I’d have to wait until the 27th to get my package. Doh

Fingers crossed for you!

Comments

Tealizzy

Cavocorax

Fingers crossed for you!

Another profile facelift! My tastes have changed a lot from when I first discovered loose leaf tea.

I can trace my tea journey back to October 2012, when I discovered DavidsTea. Before that, I had the occasional cup and enjoyed high tea at An Afternoon to Remember, which has since closed.

I went through a period of wanting to try all the teas, and was really into flavored teas, especially dessert blacks, but my tastes have substantially changed over time.

I still enjoy the occasional flavored black or rooibos, but I’m more into unflavored black teas right now and recently, puerh. Chinese black teas are amazing…with their notes of chocolate or sweet potato, who needs a flavored tea? I had a much steeper learning curve when it came to puerh. I used to dump out cups of puerh for tasting like leather. Now, I am really enjoying them. I think it took finding good quality puerh and steeping them gong fu style to really enjoy them.

I also, on occasion, enjoy a good oolong, white, or green tea.

Favorite tea companies right now include: Mandala, Teavivre, Butiki, Golden Moon, Lupicia, and DavidsTea (for teaware mostly).

San Francisco Bay Area