drank Caramel Vanilla Chai by 52teas

Wow, I haven’t posted in 15 days! Seems like forever. I got sick a week ago and felt like crap, so there wasn’t much tea drinking going on. Turns out, I drank more herbals, which is usually my least favorite tea. Overall, though, I didn’t really have the energy or the desire to make tea much. I’m back and feeling better, although it’s taking longer to recover than I expected. I had like a mild flu, which is annoying since I had the flu shot. Oh well.

So, I got this tea before I got sick, and decided to wait until I was better to post about it. This chai kind of confuses me. The dry leaf smells heavenly, like a sweet caramel-y chai. The brewed tea, however, is not as sweet. Actually, some days are better than others, but most of the time, there is a really strong spice overpowering the tea. I think it’s the cardamom. I usually like cardamom in chai, but this one is hitting me wrong.

Today, I’m having some friends over for tea! Woohoo! So excited! And this time, I only have to make the scones! :)

Stephanie

Glad you’re feelin better :)

NofarS

Glad to hear that you’re better now :)

Tealizzy

Thanks, all!

Comments

Stephanie

Glad you’re feelin better :)

NofarS

Glad to hear that you’re better now :)

Tealizzy

Thanks, all!

Another profile facelift! My tastes have changed a lot from when I first discovered loose leaf tea.

I can trace my tea journey back to October 2012, when I discovered DavidsTea. Before that, I had the occasional cup and enjoyed high tea at An Afternoon to Remember, which has since closed.

I went through a period of wanting to try all the teas, and was really into flavored teas, especially dessert blacks, but my tastes have substantially changed over time.

I still enjoy the occasional flavored black or rooibos, but I’m more into unflavored black teas right now and recently, puerh. Chinese black teas are amazing…with their notes of chocolate or sweet potato, who needs a flavored tea? I had a much steeper learning curve when it came to puerh. I used to dump out cups of puerh for tasting like leather. Now, I am really enjoying them. I think it took finding good quality puerh and steeping them gong fu style to really enjoy them.

I also, on occasion, enjoy a good oolong, white, or green tea.

Favorite tea companies right now include: Mandala, Teavivre, Butiki, Golden Moon, Lupicia, and DavidsTea (for teaware mostly).

San Francisco Bay Area