drank Matcha Matsu by DAVIDsTEA

Ya, no. Not for me. At least not as it tastes using the traditional method. Maybe if I shake it up with some vanilla soymilk, it’ll be good? I’ve been curious about trying the flavored matchas at Red Leaf, but if I don’t like the unflavored, I’m not sure why I’d like the flavored. Anyone have thoughts about that?

Courtney

I’m not huge on straight matcha. I have David’s Grand Cru in my cupboard but I exclusively drink it as a cold soy latte. I love Red Leaf’s flavoured matchas, but again I drink them with milk (but not in soy milk, which I find has a much stronger and distinct flavour than regular milk) or in smoothies.

Stephanie

Maybe order one of the Red Leaf free samples of the month? You get like 5-10 servings for just the cost of shipping (less than $3) This month’s sample is cheesecake flavored :)

Tealizzy

Courtney – you’re right that soy milk adds a flavor, and I’m glad there’s hope even if you’re not a fan of straight matcha!

Good idea, Stephanie! I think I’ll try that.

pyarkaaloo

i really only drink matcha for the health benefits, as it’s super concentrated chlorophyll, which is great for you. that said, it’s a very acquired taste and a bit harsh without additives. you’ll get a lot of earthy grass.

lately i’ve been adding brown sugar to mine plus soy milk (just plain does the trick, which tastes vanillary as it is! but with vanilla soy milk it will probably be amazing.) for me milk & sugar cancels out the bitterness & even makes it a little decadent…at least as much as possible given this is well, matcha.

i myself am gonna order a sample of Red Leaf’s flavored. i had my eye on their caramel one. i’m sure it’s much better that way.

Comments

Courtney

Stephanie

Tealizzy

Good idea, Stephanie! I think I’ll try that.

pyarkaaloo

I thought my profile needed a facelift, so here we go:

San Francisco Bay Area