Yesterday, we had afternoon tea for my mom and grandmother’s birthdays. I brought a large bag of teas, but my mom had quite a few herself! She recently ordered from Harney & Sons and Stash, so I got to try a few new ones. We enjoyed lemon cream scones, egg salad sandwiches, haystack cookies, white chocolate kona shortbread cookies and lemon bundt cake. Yum!

So, I’ve always kinda poo-poohed (if that’s a word) Stash tea because I thought everything they sold was bagged tea. Plus, I’ve had their spicy chai and I hate it. My mom, however, changed my opinion when she brought out a couple of their teas in loose form and gave me samples to try at home. I’m not sure I’ve ever really had a straight keemum before, but after reading the description for Golden Moon Tea’s version, my curiosity peaked. (I still intend to order some of that tea).

As for Stash’s version, it wasn’t exactly love at first sip, but as I sipped, it really grew on me. The description talks of plum and orchid notes…not sure I get that. What I did taste was a sweetness that was hard to place, but by the end of the cup I thought I got cocoa notes. Yay! I also tasted some smokiness, which I’m not a fan of, but it was balanced by the other flavors in the cup and didn’t overpower. Not bad! I guess Stash could still be a player in my cupboard. ;)