Mmmmm, still drinking some of these samples Angel sent me. So happy to be enjoying this right now, and wondering whether this one should have been included in my last order. It’s so delicious, it’s making me into a green tea drinker!

We just got back from a weekend trip to Salt Lake City to see my sister’s graduation from grad school. Pretty great, and I liked Utah too! Guess we’re going to have to go out there more often. :) I brought a “travel bag” of teas with me…pretty much just Lupicia newsletter samples, which come in handy on travel, since they’re in sachets. I didn’t really drink any tea except for the one full day we were there, and I had Cookie, with some sugar and half and half I grabbed from the hotel complimentary breakfast. Ha! I also had Momoko, which I think I oversteeped, because it was a bit bitter. Despite that, it was really nice to have tea from home…it’s like bringing a little bit of home with you. :)

Another profile facelift! My tastes have changed a lot from when I first discovered loose leaf tea.

I can trace my tea journey back to October 2012, when I discovered DavidsTea. Before that, I had the occasional cup and enjoyed high tea at An Afternoon to Remember, which has since closed.

I went through a period of wanting to try all the teas, and was really into flavored teas, especially dessert blacks, but my tastes have substantially changed over time.

I still enjoy the occasional flavored black or rooibos, but I’m more into unflavored black teas right now and recently, puerh. Chinese black teas are amazing…with their notes of chocolate or sweet potato, who needs a flavored tea? I had a much steeper learning curve when it came to puerh. I used to dump out cups of puerh for tasting like leather. Now, I am really enjoying them. I think it took finding good quality puerh and steeping them gong fu style to really enjoy them.

I also, on occasion, enjoy a good oolong, white, or green tea.

Favorite tea companies right now include: Mandala, Teavivre, Butiki, Golden Moon, Lupicia, and DavidsTea (for teaware mostly).

San Francisco Bay Area